I acknowledge that I will be required to present valid photo identification prior to entering the facility. If no valid photo ID is presented, I am still held accountable for all risks and liability based on this waiver.
READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in the activity organized by Vancity OCR Inc. (aka Vancity Ninja Warrior Gym) at 125 –1776 Broadway, Port Coquitlam and/or use of the property, facilities and services of Vancity OCR Inc., I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my party. By signing this document, you give up your right to recover compensation through
the courts or otherwise for any personal injuries to you or your ward(s), or damage to your property, or for you or your ward(s)'s death, arising out of use of the facilities. If any provision of this agreement is held invalid, the invalidity shall not affect other provisions of the agreement which can be given effect without the invalid provisions, and to this end the provisions of this agreement are to be severable. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada.
1. Agreement To Follow Directions. My ward(s) and I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Vancity OCR Inc., or the employees, volunteers, contractors, representatives or agents of Vancity OCR Inc. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual and/or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from the participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official representative of Vancity OCR Inc.
2. Assumption Of the Risks and Release. I recognize that the use of Vancity OCR Inc. facilities and equipment is dangerous! I understand and acknowledge that use of Vancity OCR Inc. equipment, classes, or participating in activities sponsored by Vancity OCR Inc. has inherent risks associated with the participating in such activities and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, and my ward(s), and further release and discharge Vancity OCR Inc. for injury, loss or damage arising out of my use of or presence upon the facilities of Vancity OCR Inc., whether caused by the fault of myself, Vancity OCR Inc. or other third parties. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGANCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation, and the participation of my ward(s).
3. Indemnification. I agree to indemnify and defend Vancity OCR Inc. against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my use of, or the use of my ward(s), or presence upon the facilities of Vancity OCR Inc. I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Vancity OCR Inc. and their officers, directors, representatives, officials, agents and/or employees, subsidiaries, and/or assigns, as well as their independent contractors, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers, and owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Event (collectively, the “Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, and/or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Releases from any loss, liability, cost, claim or damages arising from my participation in or association with activities and events organized and sponsored by the Vancity OCR Inc., or connected with the Events.
4. Fees. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Vancity OCR Inc. caused by my negligent, reckless, or willful actions or the actions of my ward(s).
5. Medical Consent. I consent to the administration of first aid and other medical treatment in the event of injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Releases from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment.
6. No Duress. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire.
8. Photo Release Waiver. By entering Vancity OCR Inc. and participating in the ACTIVITIES, I hereby grant Vancity OCR Inc. on behalf of myself and my ward(s), the irrevocable right and permission to photograph and/or record me in connection with Vancity OCR Inc. and to use the photograph and/or recording for all purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner and in any media now or hereafter known, in perpetuity throughout the world, without restriction as to alteration. I waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the photograph and/or recording, and acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to this release are without compensation of any kind.
9. I am 18yrs or older. If you are underage you may NOT complete this form. You must have a parent/guardian sign the this WAIVER on your behalf.
10. Service Animals. According to the laws of British Columbia, service animals are allowed in the gym, however, the animal must be on a leash and/or in a carrying case. As for any action against Vancity OCR Inc., resulting in injury, trauma, or lawsuit, by signing this waiver agreement I take full responsibility for my animal’s actions and Vancity OCR Inc. will not be liable.
11. Limitations of Exercise, If Any: It is further expressly agreed that all strength training, cardiovascular exercise, or any other exercise shall be undertaken by me at my sole risk and that Vancity OCR Inc. and/ or any affiliate including but not limited to agents, volunteers, contractors or employees of Vancity OCR Inc. shall not be liable to me for claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions or causes of action, whatsoever, to my person, ward(s), or property arising out of or connected with the use by me of the classes provided and of the premises where the same is located. I attest and verify that my ward(s) and I am/are free from all illnesses, injuries and defects and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with the ACTIVITIES I willfully participate in. I understand that my participation in activities and events organized or sponsored by Vancity OCR Inc. is entirely voluntary.
By signing this agreement, client acknowledges that client has read, understood and agrees with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. January 1, 2018.
I hereby answer "NO" to all the following questions. If I was to answer "YES" I would seek medical help before engaign in any physical activity, including obstacle course training and racing.
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you
should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in
your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your
blood pressure or heart condition?
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?