NEW STUDENT WAIVER FORM
Seattle Yoga Lounge.
6900 East Greenlake Way N, Suite L
Seattle, WA 98115
Dear Student: Welcome to Seattle Yoga Lounge! We are pleased to have you at our studio. We require that you read through the terms and conditions listed below, and sign the release of liability – located at the bottom of the page – prior to participating in any functions at our studio. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask. We are happy to accommodate you as best we can, and appreciate your cooperation in advance.
Seattle Yoga Lounge offers One Unlimited Month for $49.00 to all first-time clients at our studio. This package may only be used once, expires 30 days from the first attendance (no exceptions), and may not be shared between guests.
Packages/memberships are non-transferable, and may not be shared between guests.
Seattle Yoga Lounge Client Code of Conduct:
- Students are expected to honor fellow classmates, studio staff, and instructors. Seattle Yoga Lounge (hereafter mentioned as SYL) is not liable and/or responsible for the personal belongings of students.
- Students are expected to honor SYL facilities. Cleanliness is to be maintained; students are responsible for regularity of personal hygiene and proper storage of belongings. IF YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH A CONTAGIOUS ILLNESS OR SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE ILL, DO NOT COME TO CLASS.
- Students are expected to stay within the parameters set by instructors during class. Similarly, examination and approval for physical activity from a licensed physician is required prior to participation. PARTICIPATION IN ANY FORM OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY MAY RESULT IN ADVERSE HEATH OUTCOMES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INJURY, ILLNESS, OR DEATH.
- SYL instructors are held to a high standard of training, education, and experience. For this reason, SYL, employees, partners, and instructors (hereafter referred to collectively as SYL et al) are not liable and/or responsible for any injuries, illnesses or deaths suffered as a result of failure to comply with the instructions given. SYL et al is not liable and/or responsible for any injuries, illnesses, or deaths resulting from failure to obtain clearance from a licensed physician for pre-existing physical or medical impairments.
- It is the student’s responsibility to monitor physical limitations in relation to physical activity and heat. SYL et al is not liable and/or responsible for any injuries, illnesses, or deaths resulting from a failure to monitor and tailor participation accordingly.
- Practicing hot yoga while pregnant is STRONGLY discouraged. Please receive clearance from a licensed physician before participation.
- SYL only offers instruction in yoga theory and exercise. SYL et al is not responsible for providing services above and beyond these parameters.
- Class temperatures typically run between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit; however, classes may be cooler or warmer depending on the instructor, number of students in class, etc. Exposure to heat may result in adverse health outcomes including, but not limited to, injury, illness, or death.
- No talking in the hot room.
- Criminal activity including, but not limited to, theft, will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of package/membership, and legal action will be taken.
- Sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of package/membership, and legal action will be taken.
- Once a package is in use, refunds will not be issued.
- SYL reserves the right to cancel classes and/or prices at any time.
- SYL reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
All sessions, classes, use of studio facilities, use of studio-provided equipment (whether during a class or otherwise) and use of any apparatus located within the facility shall be at the participant’s sole risk. The participant understands that the decision to use any equipment or apparatus, or the selection of programs, methods and types of equipment, shall be solely the participant’s responsibility and Elvis Garcia Yoga LLC DBA as Seattle Yoga Lounge (SYL) shall not be liable to participant for any claims, demands, damages or causes of actions due to injury to participant’s person or
property arising out of or in connection with the use by participant of the services, facilities and/or premises of SYL regardless of whether the injury or damages were caused by the negligence of SYL, its employees or its agents. This waiver and release specifically applies to claims of negligent instruction and/or supervision that may arise as a result of injuries sustained during classes or individual training sessions. Although SYL instructors may provide guidance during a class or individual session, it is the sole responsibility of the participant to discontinue participation in any activity he or she feels is beyond his or her capability to safely perform and SYL will not be responsible for any injuries or damages arising from participant’s engagement in any activities at any SYL studio regardless of whether they were caused by the negligence of SYL, its employees or its agents.
It is expressly agreed that the use of all SYL facilities (including but not limited to studio areas, retail areas, parking lots, restrooms, etc.), without limitation and whether engaging in exercise activities or not, shall be undertaken by the participant at his or her sole risk. SYL shall not be liable for any injuries or damages to participant, or the property of participant, or be subject to any claim, demand, damages or causes of action arising out of the use of, or occurring on, any SYL owned, operated or controlled premises regardless of whether it was caused by the negligence of SYL, its employees or its agents. It is agreed that this waiver and release agreement applies to any and all incidents occurring on any SYL owned, operated or controlled premises, including slip or trip and fall incidents, regardless of the cause.
The scope of this waiver and release agreement specifically includes any and all injuries sustained on the premises of any SYL facility and during any event or program organized or operated by SYL away from its facilities (including, but not limited to, parks, beaches, community centers, schools, etc.).
The participant also expressly acknowledges that by signing below he or she is relinquishing all rights he or she may have to sue SYL for injuries arising out of the use of any SYL facilities or its services. This release is intended to be interpreted as broadly as allowed under the law of the state where the participant’s primary SYL facility is located.
I understand and agree to the terms and conditions listed above.
Release of Liability – Signature: