Reset Cryotherapy Waiver
Please read carefully.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER, AND RELEASE
By engaging Reset Cryotherapy, Reset Body Bar Sunset Harbour, LLC (for the purposes hereof referred to together herein as the “Company”) to provide cryotherapy, infrared sauna, compression, LED light therapy, Cryoskin, and other related services (“Services”) and using the Company’s equipment and facilities in relation thereto, I hereby acknowledge on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and/or assigns, that there are certain inherent risks and dangers associated with receiving Services and my use of the Company’s equipment and facilities. At all times, I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions given to me by staff. If in the subjective opinion of the Company’s staff, I would be at physical risk in receiving Services, I understand and agree that I may be denied access to Services until I furnish the Company with an opinion letter from my medical doctor, at my sole cost and expense, specifically addressing the Company’s concerns and stating that the Company’s concerns are unfounded.
I hereby (1) agree to assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by me in relation to my receiving of the Services, (2) release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its direct and indirect parent, subsidiary affiliate entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives and agents, and each of their respective successors and assigns and all others, from any and all responsibility, claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities to the fullest extent allowed by law arising out of or in any way related to the Services, and (3) represent that: (a) I have no medical or physical condition that would prevent me from receiving the Services, (b) I do not have a physical or mental condition that would put me in any physical or medical danger, (c) I have not been instructed by a physician to not receive Services, (d) no warranty or guarantee, or other assurance, has been made to me covering the results of the Services, (e) knowing the risks involved I nevertheless chose to voluntarily request the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing (and by way of illustration only and not limitation) if any of the following apply to me or if I’m unsure for any reason, I hereby acknowledge the Company’s recommendation that I consult a medical physician before receiving Services.
CONSENT AND WAIVER FOR RESET CRYOTHERAPY SERVICES
This is a release of liability and a waiver of certain legal rights. I hereby have read the advisements and contraindications below and give my consent to using services at Reset Cryotherapy. I have no conflicts for use as described in the advisements and contraindications, or I have provided a physician’s release authorizing use of services at Reset Cryotherapy; if I have a medical condition, I have consulted with my physician before participating in services at Reset Cryotherapy.
I understand that services at Reset Cryotherapy are not intended to take place of medical care or medications. I confirm that I do not have any contraindications for the services at Reset Cryotherapy. I understand that I take full responsibility for my own health and well-being.
I understand the purpose of the services at Reset Cryotherapy. I understand that individual results and experiences may vary. I acknowledge that no guarantee can be made as to the outcome of the services at Reset Cryotherapy.
I understand that my participation with the services provided by Reset Cryotherapy is voluntary and I have the right to halt the service at any time. In exchange for the Reset Cryotherapy service(s) I receive, I hereby waive, release and discharge Reset Cryotherapy and its personnel from any liability from my receipt of the Reset Cryotherapy services.
My signature below constitutes acknowledgement that I have read and agree to the above, and that a Reset Cryotherapy employee has satisfactorily explained the Reset Cryotherapy services to me, and that I have all the information that I desire. I understand that I am undergoing the Reset service(s) at my own risk. I hereby give my authorization and consent to the implementation of services at Reset Cryotherapy.
I acknowledge that I am signing as myself and/or as guardian on behalf of a child who is between 12 and 17 years of age.
ADVISEMENTS & CONTRAINDICATIONS
Any of the below described contraindications will require you to use discretion for your own well being. In addition, PLEASE BE AWARE, that if you experience any pain or mental or physical discomfort at any time during the process, you are advised to terminate the session immediately upon your own volition. Medical conditions, cardiovascular conditions, or pregnancy will require a note of authorization from your doctor prior to the use of the services at Reset Cryotherapy.
Cryotherapy Advisements and Contraindications
Safety Instructions for Whole Body Cryotherapy:
- You must wear cotton or wool socks, gloves, and foot ware provided by Reset Cryotherapy, (and underwear for men) to avoid chilblain.
- Treatments are limited to 3 minutes per session. Overexposure to the cold temperatures may cause chilblain.
- During treatment, you must avoid inhaling the nitrogen fumes; while non-toxic, they are devoid of oxygen and may cause fainting. Additionally, you are NOT allowed to dip your head below where the Reset Cryotherapy staff member sets the platform for any reason during your cryotherapy session.
- You may notify the technician to end the procedure at any time if you are experiencing issues or no longer want to continue with the treatment.
- Abnormal skin sensitivity to the cold may be caused by certain foods, cosmetics, or medications.
- A person who is less than (18) years of age may NOT use Whole Body Cryotherapy without parental consent.
- Do not touch any objects in the CryoSauna with your unprotected skin.
- Wet or damp clothing cannot be worn at any time during a Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) session.
- Skin cannot be wet during cryotherapy session (examples include from a shower, workout, sauna, sweat, body lotion/ oil)
Risks of Whole Body Cryotherapy:
Fluctuations in blood pressure (due to peripheral vasoconstriction) may briefly increase by up to 10 points systolically during treatment. This effect should reverse after the end of the procedure, as peripheral circulation returns to normal. Activation of some viral conditions (cold sore, etc) due to stimulation of the immune system, allergic reaction to extreme cold (rare), anxiety, FROSTBITE, redness of the skin, claustrophobia or any unforeseen, known or unknown risks are possible.
Absolute Contraindications to using Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC):
Heart attack in the last 6 months, if you have a pacemaker, heart bypass, heart attack or valvular disease within the last 6 months, congestive heart failure, Decompensating diseases (edema) of the cardiovascular and respiratory system, Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease, Unstable Angina Pectoris, Ischemic Heart Disease, acute or recent myocardial infarction, untreated Hypertension (ie BP 180>100), severe wasting diseases, signs or symptoms of cold allergy, Heavy Consumerist Disease (abnormal bleeding), Acute Febrile Diseases of the respiratory tract (Flu like respiratory conditions), deep-vein thrombosis (DVT), COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, intrathecal pain pump or any electro stimulation implant device, pregnant, acute or urinary tract diseases, severe anemia, wound healing disorders (open sores or discharging wound/skin conditions, including teeth abscesses), alcohol and known drug relative contraindications, chronic liver disease, active cancer or low white blood count, fever, Cryoglobulinemia, Cryofibriongenemia, and Agammaglobulinemia.
Relative Contraindications to using Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC):
Heart attack, heart valve defects, Vasculitis , cardiac arrhythmias, Raynaud’s syndrome, Hypothyrodism, Diabetes, seizure disorders, hyperhidrosis heavy perspiration, alcohol or drug related contraindications, Cold Allergenic Phenomenon (known allergy to the cold), and Polyneuropathies.
Contraindications to using CryoInjury or CryoFacial:
Pregnant, Cryoglobulinemia, Cryofibriongenemia, and Agammaglobulinemia or have any known cold allergies.
Contraindications to using BOA Compression Sleeves:
Acute Pulmonary Edema, Acute Thrombophlebitis, Congestive Cardiac failure, Acute infections, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), past episodes of pulmonary embolism, wounds, lesions at or in the vicinity of application, and current bone fractures or dislocations at or in the vicinity of application.
Infrared Sauna Advisements and Contraindications:
- Medications – Diuretics, barbiturates and beta‐blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Anticholinergics such as amitriptyline may inhibit sweating and can predispose individuals to heat rash or to a lesser extent heat stroke. Some over‐the‐counter drugs, such as antihistamines, may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Alcohol/ drug use
- Chronic conditions/ diseases associated with reduced ability to sweat or perspire. Including but not limited to Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumors and Diabetes with Neuropathy are conditions that are associated with impaired sweating.
- Hemophiliacs/Individuals Prone to Bleeding
- Insensitivity to Heat
- Injury/ Joint Injury within 48 hours prior to Infrared Sauna use
- Implants – Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared waves and thus are not heated by this system. Nevertheless, you should consult your physician prior to using an infrared sauna
Cryoskin Slimming Contraindications:
Severe Raynaud’s Syndrome, Severe Allergy to Cold, Cold related Illness (Cryoglobulinemia, Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria, Cold Agglutinin Disease), Progressive Diseases (MS, ALS, Parkinson’s, Neuropathy), Active Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Cardiovascular Disease, Lower Limb Ischemia, Lymphatic Disorders, Uncontrolled Diabetes or Diabetes and related complications, Severe Kidney or Liver Disease, Pregnancy/Breastfeeding, Bacterial and viral infections of the skin, Wound healing disorders, Circulatory disorders, Surgery in the past 6 months, Pacemaker/metal implants, Active/Severe Eczema, rashes, or dermatitis, Use of topical antibiotics in desired treatment area, Silicone/other implants in desired treatment area, Mesh inserts in the desired treatment area, Irremovable body piercings in the desired treatment area, Incision scar(s) in the desired treatment area, Open or infected wounds, Impaired skin sensation, Known sensitivity or allergy to propylene glycol, Hernia in or adjacent to desired treatment area, Active implanted device such as pacemaker or defibrillator in or adjacent to desired treatment area.
Cryoskin Toning Contraindication:
Severe Raynaud’s, Severe Allergy to Cold, Cold related Illness (Cryoglobulinemia, Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria, Cold Agglutinin Disease), Progressive Diseases (MS, ALS, Parkinson’s, Neuropathy), Pregnancy/Breastfeeding, Cardiovascular Disease or Lower Limb Ischemia, Bacterial and viral infections ofthe skin, Wound healing disorders, Circulatory disorders, Surgery in the past 6 months, Pacemaker/metal implants, Active/Severe Eczema, rashes, or dermatitis, Silicone/other implants in desired treatment area, Use of topical antibiotics in desired treatment area, Mesh inserts in the desired treatment area, Irremovable body piercings in the desired treatment area, Impaired skin sensation, Open or infected wounds, Known sensitivity or allergy to propylene glycol, Active implanted device such as pacemaker or defibrillator in or adjacent to desired treatment area.
Cryoskin Facial Contraindications:
Severe Raynaud’s, Severe Allergy to Cold, Cold, related Illness (Cryoglobulinemia, Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria, Cold Agglutinin Disease), Progressive Diseases (MS, ALS, Parkinson’s, Neuropathy), Cardiovascular Disease or Lower Limb Ischemia, Botox in the past 30 days, Fillers in the past 90 days, Bacterial and viral infections of the skin, Wound healing disorders, Circulatory disorders, Metal implants, Surgery in the past 6 months, Active/Severe Eczema, rashes, or dermatitis, Silicone/other implants in desired treatment area, Use of topical antibiotics in desired treatment area, Irremovable body piercings in the desired treatment area, Impaired skin sensation, Open or infected wounds, Known sensitivity or allergy to propylene glycol, Active implanted device such as pacemaker or defibrillator in or adjacent to desired treatment area.
LED Light Therapy Contraindications
Pregnancy, epilepsy, must wait 5 days after Botox or cosmetic fillers, persons diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma Pregnancy, Epilepsy, Thyroid Condition, taking medications that cause sensitivity to light (example: tetracycline) Broken or inflamed areas of skin, medication that increases light/photo sensitivity including, but not limited to, the following: Chlorpromazine (Antipsychotic), also known as Thorazine, Chlorpromazine HcL, Sonazine client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last 8 days), Griseofulvin (Anti-Fungal), also known as Grifulvin V, Fulvicin P/G, Gris-Peg (client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last five days), Isotretinoin (Anti-Acne), also known as Accutane (the client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last six months), Tetracycline’s (antibiotic) also known as Helidac, Terra-Cortril, Terramycin, Sumycin, Tetracycline HcL, Bristacycline, Achromycin V, Actisite, Tetrex, Doxycycline, Ciprofloxacin (client can be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last five days), Methotrexate (Anti-Arthritis & Anti-Cancer), also known as Methotrexate Sodium, PF & LPF, Mexate-AQ, Folex, Trexall (client can be treated if the medicine has not been taken within the last three days), Amiodarone (Antiarrhythmic), also known as Amiodarone Codarone x, Pacerone.
I have reviewed the list of contraindications in full and confirm that I do not have any of the contraindications. Additionally, I understand that this list may not be all inclusive, and that if I have any particular health problem which I believe would preclude me from participating in any services at Reset Cryotherapy, I agree to first consult with my treating physician. I am participating in services at Reset Cryotherapy at my own risk. I understand that certain risks are involved and that any complications or side effects from known or unknown causes can occur. I fully assume these risks. I will call Reset Cryotherapy to inform of any complications/ concerns as soon as they may occur.
Terms and Conditions of Reset Cryotherapy sessions, packages, memberships, and appointments:
- Most single sessions and packages have an expiration date of one year from the date of purchase. “Deals” have a shorter expiration, often of 30 days from the date of purchase. We cannot make exceptions on expiration dates.
- Reset services that are 20 minutes or greater in length (including BOA Compression, Cryoskin, stretching, all sauna appointments, and other services) must be changed or cancelled more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time or there is a $50 fee that will be applied. We cannot make exceptions and we appreciate you for understanding. If needed, please reschedule/ cancel your appointment on Mindbody more than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time to avoid the “late cancellation” fee. The late cancellation fee applies to all services above, even if you will be using a gift card or a promotion to pay for the service. The $50 late cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card on file or to your Reset customer account if there is no active card on file. Account balances must be paid within 2 days or additional administrative fees will accrue.
- The auto-renew monthly memberships have a minimum number of “months”; after this minimum number of months has been met, you can cancel your membership at any time through your Mindbody account or by emailing email@example.com BEFORE your auto-payment goes through. Once the automatic renewal payment goes through, we are unable to reverse the payment.
- Services that do not have a pre-paid session or membership available will be charged the full price of the individual service(s) with the credit card on file if payment is not given at the time of service. Credit card on file can be updated/ changed at Reset Cryotherapy or by logging into your Mindbody account. If there is no active credit card on file, Reset Cryotherapy will charge your account and the full account balance is to be paid in no more than 3 days; balances not paid in full by this time will accrue additional admin fees.
- If there is no updated credit card on your account and a payment cannot be made for services/ membership, the full price of single service(s) will be charged to your “account”. Credit card information must be updated immediately, as failed auto-payments and account balances lasting longer than 2 days will accrue additional admin fees.
- To avoid holding an account balance and the accrual of administrative fees, we suggest always having a current credit card on file; you can do this at Reset Cryotherapy or through your Reset Mindbody account.
In participating in the Services, you may be photographed,videoed or otherwise recorded by the Company for safety, monitoring, training, and marketing purposes. You hereby consent to such usage of your imagery for all and any such purpose by the Company and hereby agree that the Company without any payment to you shall in all cases be the sole owner of all intellectual and other proprietary rights therein without any restriction whatsoever. If you do not consent to be photographed for marketing purposes, please inform us at the time of the photo or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Participation in the Services will expose the participant to extremely cold temperatures and other risks. I have read this waiver in completion, including the Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue the Company under certain circumstances. I acknowledge that I am signing this waiver freely and voluntarily. The term of this waiver is indefinite. I acknowledge that I have been urged to avoid bringing valuables into and onto the Company’s facilities and the Company shall not be liable for the loss of, theft of, or damage to my personal property, including items left in lockers, bathrooms, or anywhere else in the Company’s facilities. I acknowledge that no portion of any fees paid by me is in consideration for the safeguarding of valuables.
My signature below constitutes my acknowledgement that (1) I have read, understand, and fully agree to the foregoing and I CONSENT , (2) the proposed CryoSauna, CryoInjury, CryoFacial, BOA compression sleeves, LED light, Cryoskin, and any additional modality that Reset Cryotherapy has added- the process has been satisfactory explained to me and I have all the information I desire and (3) I hereby give my authorization and consent. This CONSENT shall stand as long as I use the equipment at any Reset Cryotherapy location now and in the future and shall include services in which the contraindications are listed above, and for additional services added in which is not included above and a full known contraindications list will be provided upon request to a Reset Cryotherapy employee. I have received all of the information I desire and I do not have a condition that would preclude me from participating in services at Reset Cryotherapy. I have read the instructions for proper use of the facilities and do so at my own risk and hereby release the owners, officers, employees and volunteers, from any damage or harm that I might incur due to the use of the facilities. I have read this waiver and release of liability in its entirety.
IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read and understand the foregoing Waiver of Liability, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent/ are the parent/ guardian for a participant who is under 18 years of age and I am signing on their behalf; I have given up considerable future legal rights; and I execute this Release freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me. Furthermore, I agree that I will comply with all instructions on the use of all equipment at Reset Cryotherapy, including written and verbal instructions, and I am using these services at my own risk. I agree to use all sessions within the terms of the contract dates and understand refunds are not given on unused portions of purchased packages and memberships.
To protect the health and safety of our Reset community, please monitor your health before coming to the studio.
1. Please do not come to the Reset if you have any signs of infection:
• Sore throat
• Difficulty breathing
• New loss of taste or smell
• Any other symptoms of COVID-19
2. If you have tested positive or have knowingly come into contact with someone who has, please do not come to the studio until you have tested negative.
3. Please remain hyper aware of your health and well being during this uncertain time.
4. If you are feeling unwell or have any concerns about coming to the studio in regards to your own health, please reach out to email@example.com for more guidance.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep our community safe. We appreciate your support and cooperation.
Required COVID-19 WAIVER (The “Agreement”)
By signing below, you are agreeing to follow our social distancing and safety protocols.
Although strict measures are being taken by Reset Cryotherapy (Reset Body Bar Sunset Harbour, LLC), to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (such as social distancing, staggering appointments, and sanitization, etc.), the undersigned acknowledges that attending Reset Cryotherapy could result in COVID-19 infection. Accordingly, in addition to all waivers and limits on liability already agreed to by the parties and because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the undersigned, HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES, indemnifies, holds harmless and forever discharges Reset Cryotherapy and its members, agents, employees, officers, directors, contractors, affiliates, successors and assigns, of and from any and all claims, demands, debts, prosecutions, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I ever had or may have, arising from or in any way related to participation in any of the events or activities conducted by, on the premises of, or for the benefit of, Reset Cryotherapy, provided that this waiver of liability does not apply to any acts of gross negligence, or intentional, willful or wanton misconduct, further, it is acknowledged that operation during the pandemic does not fall into these categories.
I also understand that the activities that I will participate in may be considered inherently dangerous and may cause serious or grievous injuries, including bodily injury, COVID-19 infection, loss of/damage to personal property and/or death. On behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I waive all related claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to me or my property that I may have against Reset Cryotherapy.
By this Waiver, I assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury, COVID-19 infection, death or damage to personal property associated with Reset Cryotherapy, including but not limited to receiving Reset services at the facility, using the facility and its equipment in any manner, form or fashion, and practicing and/or engaging in Reset services or other related activities on and off the premises.
I have read, understand and fully agree to the terms of this Agreement. I understand and confirm that by signing the Agreement I have given up considerable future legal rights. I have signed this Agreement freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me. My signature is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional WAIVER AND RELEASE of all liability to the full extent of the law. I am 18 year of age or older and mentally competent to enter into this waiver.